Sunday, March 14, 2010

Post #408: This is more like Batali - Restaurant: B&B Ristorante

After that mediocre meal at San Marco, I wasn't expecting much from B&B. But the wait was short and the room looked inviting.
So I sat, got a glass of wine and relaxed. Then came my amuse of rustic chickpeas on toast. The brown color looked rather unattractive I must say. The taste, however, got me to sit up a little straighter. Perky vinegary and refreshingly green from the olive oil, the peas softened quickly on the tongue, a lovely contrast to the toast.
What followed was one of the best grilled octopus I've ever eaten. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that before grilling, the octopus enjoyed quite some time in the braising pot. The result is something that is incredibly soft in the meaty middle yet nicely charred towards the ends. The watermelon radish didn't do much for the taste, but it sure was pretty as a garnish.
The beef cheek ravioli were of slim constructing out of house made pasta and had a nice chew. The beef checking filling was intensely savory, but just a tiny bit too minced for my taste.
I took my server's suggestion and ordered the lemon tart. Then I wondered why all lemon tarts don't come with the crunchy pecan bits on top. So lovely with the sweet tartness.

  • B&B Ristorante
  • The Venetian
    3355 Las Vegas Boulevard South
    Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
    702- 266 -9977

No comments: