Saturday, January 19, 2008

To Havana with love - Restaurant: Havana Sandwich Shop

Why did it take me three years to go inside Havana Sandwich Shop when I have driven by it a hundred times? Insanity? Probably not too far from it. This place is awesome! Just look at that Cuban sandwich. The bread alone is worth the trip. So well toasted and crispy, it literally shattered between my teeth. I loved the additional crunchiness from the pickles, which also provided a bit of acidity to the saltiness of the ham. The half sandwich looks tiny in this photo. I regretted not getting a whole one right after the first bite. Although my stomach was relieved that I didn't rush to place a supplemental order. This baby was quite filling with all that ham and roasted pork. I can't remember much about the rice or beans. It's probably not because they were less than good. I might just have been suffering from slight sensory over stimulation after the sandwich. :)

Havana Sandwich Shop
2905 Buford Hwy NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 636-4094

No comments: