Sunday, January 10, 2010

Highlight #272: Nice vibe - Restaurant: Bistro Niko

It makes me feel a bit giddy every time I get pass China's massive firewall to gain access to facebook and blogger. It's silly since I am just using the work VPN and doing nothing fancy. But still, there is a bit of that excitement associated with getting away with something. :)

So coming from Shanghai, I give you Bistro Niko right back in Atlanta. Love the cheerful vibe!

Croque madame, as you can see, is not exactly a revelation and the fries were not super crunchy. But then again, it's not easy to find good fries in Paris either. I'd come back here for the overall vibe and good enough food.

Onion tart was not what you'd expect a tart to be. Fortunately, the description does paint the picture of a sort of pizza. This was a bit greasy.

Baba was enormous. Somewhat dry, but alright when pieced and allowed to soak in the sauce.

Overall, I liked eating here, not because it was top notch food, but for all the reasons one goes to cheery cafe to spend a rainy afternoon in Paris. The vibe is good and the stomach gets filled.

Bistro Niko
3344 Peachtree Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30326
(404) 261-6456

No comments: