Sunday, March 01, 2009

Highlight #149: Wanting a warming bowl of shrimp and grits - Restaurant: JCT Kitchen

When the weather outside looks like this, it's very hard to keep my thoughts from drifting to that terrific bowl of shrimp and grits from JCT Kitchen a few nights ago.

Without the egg, I would have called this one of the best bowls I've had in a very long time. But with the egg pierced and yoke running so seductively into the grits, I am compelled to call this the best bowl for as long as I can remember. Mind you that I am no shrimp and grits connoisseur, but this was truly expectational. Creamy yet still texturally distinct grits doused in plenty of hot butter supported large shrimps also pan fried in hot butter. See a trend here? It's true, butter makes everything better. :) Of course, the icing on the cake was the expertly poached egg. Nothing pacifies quite like a perfectly runny egg. Any thoughts of calories would have ruined this meal, so I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the blissful mouthfuls. It's really pretty easy to do.

JCT Kitchen
1198 Howell Mill Road, Suite 18
Atlanta, GA 30318
404-355-2252

No comments: