Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Highlight #129: Eating happy and saving money for the firm - Restaurant: In-n-out (Mountain View, Cali)

After wrapping up a client meeting on Monday, S and I found ourselves searching for lunch near Mountain View. Hankering for a fuss-free burger, I quickly suggested in-n-out. S happily agreed without much hesitation. It turned out that S and his wife have long had in-n-out on their to do list, but have yet to make it. I sure hope that his wife will forgive him for crossing it off the list without her. :)

The burger was as I remembered, uncomplicated and clean flavored. The bun was nicely toasted and held the special sauce without problem. The next time I may leave off the onion slice that was just a little too strong in the raw onion flavor and distracted from the rest of the layers. Really, when I want to eat a burger at lunch, this is the kind I generally have in mind. It's not too big, not too fancy, not too messy, and not too extraordinarily rich as to render me useless for the rest of the workday. At $4.50 for a cheeseburger, fries, and a drink, it's a real bargain even when the firm is not picking up the check. Actually, the firm should thank us for our conscientious eating habits. :P

4 comments:

Eat, Drink, Man.. said...

Did any of you all ask for "Animal Style"???

Cathy said...

I have done that before, but wanted less spread and no pickles this time.

I told my coworker to try it, but he wasn't convinced.

Anonymous said...

Do they still make "Protein Style"? (lettuce wrapped, no bun)

Cathy said...

Absolutely. And I saw someone ordering it while standing in line.