Thursday, January 15, 2009

Highlight #130: perfect snack for the plane from the Ferry Building (San Fran)

I didn't get to do it on this quick trip to the bay area, but on my trip a few weeks ago, I managed to gather the perfect snack for the plane ride back home. Having tried most of the loaves at Acme Bread, my favorite is the olive loaf. Just a little briny from the olives and perfumed with the green smell akin to that of freshly pressed olive oil, a slice of this bread acts as the perfect partner to slices of orange & wild fennel salame from chef Cosentino's Boccalone. Normally I am not a fan of salame for the plane because high salt content food at high altitude turns me into a balloon. But this particular one is very mildly salted and quite uniquely flavored with plenty of orange zest and fennel to stand up to the olive slice.

Bring this on the plane and you'll make those paying $8 for Todd English branded Delta hummus very jealous. :)

Acme Bread and Boccalone
Ferry Building Marketplace
One Ferry Building
San Francisco, California 94111
(415) 693-0996

No comments: