Sunday, October 04, 2009

Highlight #241: So begins birthday month - Restaurant: Pricci

The month of October has an eternal theme - feasting. Yes, eating is something I do every month, but October, being birthday month, is particularly food filled. This October started off strong with lots of friendly dinners on the agenda. First, we were off to Pricci with a couple of friends.

Parents of three, our dinning companions never can wait to start some adult conversations. In the midst of so much talking, I completely missed the chance to take photos of the prosciutto pizza and fried calamari. But even more importantly, I forgot to take a photo of the house bread with a superb goat cheese marinara dip, which was so tangy and good, I could seriously have made a meal of it.

I did, however, manage a photo of my rabbit agnolotti special. Seriously yummy was this super creamy, buttery, and intensely meaty dish, I had all my neighbors digging in.

We shared two sweets, a pair of hazelnut bars and a zuccotto. As one of my dinning companions noted, the zuccotto was a bit of a let down, looking so grand and then tasting so . . . fluffy? The cake shell was just a little bland and so was the cream filling. The dried fruits were a little odd as well. But we all agreed that the hazelnut bars were decadent, rich and dense, it had lot of hazelnut flavors going as well. Two bars were more than enough for three stuffed adults and a nibbler.

Pricci
500 Pharr Road
Atlanta, GA 30305
(404) 237-2941

No comments: