Sunday, August 16, 2009

Highlight #211: Sweet potato pie for a hot summer day - Ice cream shop: Morelli's

Sweet potato pies are probably what I look forward to most around Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I don't get it much other times of the year so you can imagine my delight when I spotted it on Morelli's flavor list.

Being naturally made, the ice cream is not intensely colored. But not to worry. There is no skimping on taste. With eyes closed, each spoonful was just like a frozen sweet potato pie blended smooth with milk. The scoop underneath is black walnut. Compared to the sweet potato pie, this one's namesake flavor was much less pronounced. Next time, I'll most likely try something else.

Morelli's
749 Moreland Ave SE
Ste B-102

Atlanta, GA 30316
(404) 622-0210

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I visited and blogged about Morelli's earlier this summer. I tried a bunch of flavors, but the Sweet Potato Pie was definitely my favorite! I hear they rotate out "specialties" like sweet corn and red bean also.