Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Daily highlight #20: "Roll in, Roll out, Roll through" - BBQ joint: Rolling Bones

Takeout is not a part of the everyday vocabulary in our household. We are people who either cook in or dine out. In our three years of living in the atl, we've brought home meals less than a handful of times, all but one of which were from Rolling Bones.

I'd be lying to say that the drive through around the renovated former gas station had nothing to do with it. Call me crazy, but I am still tickled by the setup. That aside, the chicken is the draw. This is a huge endorsement coming from me, considering my general non preference for the dirty bird.

RR offers a combo containing half a bird, most of which can be seen above. What I love about this bird is the juice factor. Whether breast or thigh (being flavor-minded and fat nonsensitive, I always pick the thigh), every bit is moist and fall apart tender. Normally, I am not a fan of sauce for my Texas Q, which RR claims to be. But in the case of the chicken, the tangy none too sweet sauce works beautifully with the white meat from the thickest part of the breast.

There is one thing to keep in mind when getting takeout, if you like to reserve the thick Texas toast for mopping up the juices after (not before) you start on the chicken, then be sure to ask for it outside of the foam box as it is sure to get soggy in there during the drive home.

Rolling Bones Premium Pit BBQ
377 Edgewood Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30312
404-222-2324

No comments: